Thursday, November 17, 2005

Where I Am Coming From...



Not sure how to kick this whole thing off, but to me it would make sense to give it a little bit of foundation. I am kind of excited about this new venture, I have never done anything like it. Anyway, I am currently stationed overseas in Kuwait, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as a SGT in the Army Reserve. Well now active army of course. My mission is quite an uneventful one, and as much as I would like to dazzle you with stories of adventure and heroism, I have none.

(So far anyway, hoping to fulflill my need in having something worth speaking of to my grand kids...one day.)

This is a source of disillusionment for me, because I am not serving in the capacity that I want too. However, in the Army you don’t get to choose your missions. I am trying to change this trend, unsuccessfully, for now. It is what it is. More on this topic in the future. I won’t quite share my views on foreign policy and otherwise politics at this point, but I will give you a glimpse of my direction on the issue. I think we picked up the wrong map. But even when you’re lost you can’t take back a wrong turn. You have to keep driving to find your way. This is no different.

(Any hypocrisy to note?)


Time is short and so is my first posting, but alas "Mission Complete." Besides, I am not sure how devoted I will become to this new endeavor. Even a simple email is likely to produce unpredicatable results, from me. Needless to say, I will save my words for tomorrow, figurtively speaking, I imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home