Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Breif Tale of Europe

I spent the previous two months in Europe. I started in Spain and didn’t originally have any interest in going to there, but I’m glad I did. The country was beautiful and plus I would get really excited when I would remember a phrase or two from my two years of high school Spanish, which was twelve and thirteen years ago. Anyway, my temporary excitement quickly led to disappointment when I couldn’t understand their answers. From there I caught a flight to London and arrived at a friend’s house at 3:00 in the morning. It was the best I could do at the time. So I was standing outside her door at three o’clock in the morning, tired and still pissed off about my experiences at Stanstedt Airport. I rang the bell. No answer. Rang again. No answer. Now I was fully prepared to sleep on her front lawn, as I had no where else to go, but I figured I would try and find a phone first. One last try before snuggling up with the roses. Just as I started on my payphone mission my residential benefactor came to the door. She was in her pajamas and began rubbing her eyes. As one would do when guests show up at that hour. Sorry I say. She welcomed me nonetheless. London was great and my generous host was a far more interesting person than I am. But I’m trying. Anyhow we had fun and I miss my time there. After London I went to Amsterdam where I lost complete control of myself. As you do in Amsterdam. But I didn’t do anything I regretted. Next stop was Munich for Oktoberfest. Now that was cool. Large tents with large mugs of delicious beer. Girls in Bavarian dress and somehow drunk people managed to get along. Definitely not an American thing. After Munich I went to Copenhagen, saw a castle, and went to Christianville, an autonomous community (look it up). From Copenhagen, I went to Stockholm. Land of the blondes. I am Swedish so I tried to explain to the girls that I’m just as much a part of the community as they are. They disagreed and looked for someone else to talk too. After Sweden I went to Prague. Prague was excellent and I have a special affinity for post nations of the eastern bloc. They became fraternal soviets, more or less. After Prague I went to Budapest were I missed riots by only a week. I was mad about that, because I’ll protest anything. "Yeah, and Fuck You." I would also point my finger. Then my final stop was Rome. Rome is a must see. Such dramatic history in Rome. And it’s all still there!

This was definitely the fast version of my travels. I loved it all and didn’t want to come back. I wanted to keep going lead my life in an entirely different direction. I think I will plan a trip to Thailand next winter but I do want to go back to Europe, one way or another. I’ll figure it out somehow.

~Rolligun

9 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
I wish i could travel the world forever.
What a life.
I might have to start playing the lottery or something.

I hope you got my email.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying hey!
nice to see your post. People ask me where I got my rain hat.... ( : These days, sure am wearing this hat alot!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Steph,

I push people out of my to make SURE i get your emails! And I did have a great time, I didn't want to come back and am now focused on figuring out ways to travel again. Perhaps a work Visa when I get out of the army.

Janie,

I don't understant??? Why do people ask about your rain hat? And more importantly...what is that you tell them? Janie, I MUST know.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why?...perhaps because it looks like an ARMY boonie cap.

What do I say?? I say, let me tell you about my Soldier...better yet want me to tell you how to get your own? ( ;

I want to hear about Amsterdam!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh sweet boy!! Sorry, I am just now catching up on things... I am beyond delighted to hear about your adventures. The pictures you posted were wonderful...

The social season is kicking off yet again so I am a busy little bee these days...

I hope you are well.. Do keep us updated as to the rest of your adventures...

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at you, being a leisurely world traveler

10:58 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i am so in on the travel thing. though, to be fair my travels of late have consisted of the carribean. but soon, i will do the europe dilly. then the asia dilly. then... eventually, i'll visit beruit and baghdad . apparently beruit is the most beautiful city in the world and baghdad has a tourism trade second to paris. though, my information could be decades old. damn encyclopedias from 1952.

11:41 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Rolli, seriously, I'm going to hunt you down and beat you with wet noodles if you don't correct the title of this post.

I mean it.

I will make it my mission in life.

I before E, except after C.

KISSES!

2:31 AM  
Blogger missy said...

Hey you.

Merry Christmas!

Oh, definitely go back to Europe again.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home