Friday, September 08, 2006

Aspiring Arts

Below you will find several random photos from a quick (13 days) road trip out west. I’ve decided that I need to add a hobby to my life, and photography is my new passion! Granted, this endeavor is heavily influenced by my friend Will who assigned me the responsibilities of taking the photos. This is what I ended up with. It’s his own fault for not owning a camera, but I think this is something I want to get into. So any photo enthusiasts out please feel free to email me some simple photography terms and other appropriate types of jargon so that can effectively convince people I know what I’m doing with a camera. Obviously those photos won’t help.

Some notes:

The picture of a lady with turtles is a picture of a lady with turtles who wanted to charge me for that picture. I asked if she took visa, she said "no." So I thanked her instead and left. What's up Venice Beach.

The big statue thing is a knome under a bridge in Seatle. I want one for my apartment.

The dudes playing basketball was also at Venice Beach. I took the photo because it reminded me of the backetball scene in "American History X" which is where the setting of the story took place. Anyway I was determined to find some skin heads and say "Hey man, have you seen Derek or Danny Vinyard?" My buddy Will told me that he would have no part of that, but I could find any skinheads anyway. Perhaps another time.

The other photos all fall under a particular "style" that I have, but more on that later.

~Rolligun

1 Comments:

Blogger Drunken Chud said...

so... your style is "out of focus"? hehehehe.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home