Friday, September 08, 2006

Sorry Janie...

Dear Janie,

I am a horrible person. You have been so kind to me this past year and even extended an invitation for me to say hello in person while I was in Seattle. Not only didn't I take the time to meet you, but I didn't even have the decensy to call and say hello. I want you to know that I know that. My first excuse is that the nature of our trip was simply fast. We breezed through many states and places with out having as much time as we would have liked. I could have called regardless, just to add a personal touch to our acquintenace, but you mangaged to support a selfish and unappreciative soldier. My next excuse. I meant to call you, but I had forgotten. I remembered again, but by then I was in Wyoming and apparently Wyoming has some on going disagreement with the satelite companies, which basically disallows use of cell phones in that state. Eventually, we entered Coloarado and I remembered again how bad I felt about not even calling. Excuse number three. So I felt bad and started to wonder what I could have done differently. I still meant to call, but then I started wondering about Pluto, and how Pluto must also feel excluded. Then wondering about Pluto got me thinking about whether or not there has ever been a disney character named pluto. Then I started thinking about how I've never been to disney land. And so on. Anyway, this is my apology. Sorry Janie.

~Rolligun

7 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I've been in a similar situation with someone special to me, but my excuses weren't as good, and my reasons more out of fear and insecurity.
It's hard to apologise to someone you may have hurt by your actions. Good on you for doing so in a public forum.

I hope janie forgives you and that you get to talk soon.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

The world always turns, regarless.

There are always ways to set things straight and make up the things you regret. I'm hoping Janie has no ill feelings. Maybe I'll send her some balloons or something.

(how many "cousin it" jokes having you been getting, that's all I can think about but I don't want to be the one millionth person to say that to you. Doh!)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yeah a LOT. And shaggy dog ones too :0
I might change it to something less weird. Ha!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I like dogs, even shaggy ones, so that's not so bad. Cousin IT was a little strange, but I think your in the right ball park...i don't think you could pull anything off that's less weird. :)

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tied to leave a comment a little earlier.. and blogger ate it, I think! Anyways....


How do You know I didn't see You?
I drive by the knome on a regular basis...and take note of people there all the time...I could have seen you...well I could have.

Oh, and don't worry about the balloon. This morning I woke up and there was a Snowman mylar balloon in the back yard dangling on a small tree in the breese. Not quite yet the Twilight Zone...but working toward it.

Rolli...truelly its ok. But darn you were so close.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww... janie is so kind to forgive you! If it was me, my letter would start with:

You &$&$*&$*^^$£^$ piece of *^%&^$^!!

Actually, that won't be.. it would be my evil alter-ego. She (It?) is very sensitive.

I say go back and meet up with her!

cheers,
missy

9:55 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i am horrible about that shit. forgetting to call. and not cuz i don't want to, just that i am quite simply absent minded. or quite absently simple minded. either one.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home