Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What can I say, I'm a flake.

Alright, last week I set a short term goal that I would post five times in the following days. And I didn't do that. I was going to jot down some short and sweet words about whatever awkward observations I've had or places I've slept or something. And I didn't do that. Instead I'm spitting this dribble down. Again, only hours before I depart. I leave for Barcelona in 9 1/2 hours and coincidently enough, it was also approximatly 9 1/2 ago that a convinence store clerk, who is Arab, was informing me of Osama Bin ladens new threats. I thanked him for the update and assured him I would "be careful." Anyway, I'll be gone for maybe six weeks or so. Depends on financials, otherwise know as the ability to not spend money you don't have. Either definition will do. So off I go. Barcelona, Ibiza, London, Munich, Rome, Prague, and of course Amsterdamn. Plus whatever places I end up because of improperly getting off trains. Sometimes known as "the wrong stop" however more frequently expressed as "god DAMMIT!" by me. So I'm a flake I say. It's true. I've always been a flake with skipping plans or not calling people back, bouncing crowds and now because of writing. I'm a flaky writer. Sometimes I can. Somtimes I want to. And most times I don't. I had grand aspirations, of well the earlier mentioned "five posts in the next week" kind of grand. Plus I really wanted to write something that kind of made me feel like...I felt something. An almost equally cofusing way of saying that also comes to mind, it goes "I thought about thinking but didn't" In any event This is another one of those times where my ambition has exceeded my talent. So I'm a flake. But that isn't likely to change.

Rolligun

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The unplanned stops are the best parts of the journey. I can give you a list of things you do in the Big Smoke (no, I'm not talking about Amsterdam!).

I hope you have a trip of a lifetime, young man.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

hey, bang some ibiza chicks for me. lord knows i won't be.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yeah I'm a flake too. Meh!
There are worse things to be.

Have a great time and don't forget to watch out for the gypsies!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. Have a great time!

2:46 AM  
Blogger general_boy said...

I say spend money you don't have any damn way you can!

Enjoy the trip... it's sure to help the writer's block. ;)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Mr Gun. I know you're back home. Update your blog already!!!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home