Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What is important to you?

Haven’t posted in a few, sorry ‘bout that to my thousands of readers…things have just been stupid these last couple of days.


I received an email from my old girlfriend about a week ago and just sent my return reply. This was the first I’ve heard from her since I have been in country, almost three months now. She was responding to a group email that I had sent out to my friends. I don’t necessarily give her full credit for the gesture, based on that. I actually hate group emails, but started writing them because of a time vs. numbers problem. But now I occasionally write a completely random email that hopes to be funny and is otherwise intended to let people know… “Hey, still alive, still here.” Entertainment and attendance all in one. I introduced this new and infrequent habit, with what else, but a group email about why I hate group emails, and then sent it out to everyone I know (see past post on “dissertation”). Yeah, that post was originally an email until I transformed into an edited blogger post. I imagine that is some sort of blog violation, sorry for the deviance that you were unable to detect. My whole point is that’s how she finally chose to contact me, to say what’s up, by responding to a group email. Sorry, but that doesn’t count for much. Not in my book.

Anyway, we broke up several weeks before I got my orders, for reasons unrelated to the future in the desert. We were together for about a year and our once avid union had been reduced to irrelevant long distance quarrelling. Even before our split, I had already known (just unofficially) that I was gonna be activated. It was one of a quiet factor in support of my role of our split. I never shared that knowledge with Jessica, that I was most likely going to be activated in the spring. She never asked me about it either, “do you think you will get activated?” not once. (I sometimes use to wonder if she knew whether or not the world was bigger than the just places her car took her) The next “drill” I went too, we were officially placed on stop-loss and that whole deal. The good part was, we had about four months to prepare. That cushion of time was both a rare and fortunate luxury. Not to keep referencing past blog posts, but my whole demeanor changed. All steps with a new direction. Some of it was an effect of no longer sharing something good with Jess, but our best days had already passed us anyway. Mostly, I just wanted to change my purpose. Prepare for the day I would close the door for the last time, take off the tie and pick up a weapon. They gave us a date, could even find it on a calendar if I needed too. I placed aside whatever charm I had and didn’t date anyone else after that. Wasn’t important to me anymore.

Wow, this is turning into a blathering mess, I will try to get back to the point of the title…tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home