Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tag Return "2005" ala Steph

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?
That one’s easy…stop everything and put my life on hold, move to the middle east and otherwise get activated for “Operation Iraqi Freedom.” First time.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, I asked them to move…politely.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Not physically

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Travel, not so much. I moved almost three hundred miles, but that’s no big deal. Of course, I got activated, but I can’t classify it as travel. I am told where to go and what to do.

Best Holliday memory…none this year. I didn’t really celebrate anything. But I do like holidays.

Well wait, it wasn’t validated by a “calendar date” but my best memory would be that some my friends made some serious sacrifices and travel plans to see me before I left. That was cool. I didn’t expect it and told them not too. I’m glad they did.

5. Best thing you bought?
Laptop and Ipod…really paying big divdends these days. My stock holders should be happy with me.

6. Where did most of your money go?

Old girlfriend and lawyer (they have a reputation for a reason*)

7. What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish I spent more time at the beach with my dog.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Interviewing for jobs (early) and wiping sand off of shit (everyday)

9. What kept you sane?
Dog walks, music, alcohol

10. What drove you mad?
Job hunt…old girlfriend…lawyer…leadership (see 1000 post)

11. What made you celebrate?
Finally getting good job! (followed by deployment)

12. What made you sad?

Nothing, o.k. wait… dropping off “Rollie” my dog, at my grandparents. I wanted to take him on one last walk (super long one) but it had been storming out and he didn’t want to particpate. Scared shitless of rain and all that, even if it clears up, he takes the day off. No negotiation whatsoever with him.

13. How was your birthday this year?
Not the best one ever, didn’t want to be where I was.

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
elections, foreign policies (Iraq, Iran, North Korea)

15. Where you in love in 2005?
No

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?
Two different worlds, can’t compare. I won’t be back for good until fall of 06, but I am looking more at 2007*

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
July 5, the day my orders began

18. What song will remind you of 2005?
”I’m Not Okay”, My Chemical Romance. Not nearly as significant as other songs in my life, but will do for 2005.

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?

It’s all relative…but sure

20. Biggest achievement this year?
Winning one court thing, getting a good job, and answering when my name was called *by uncle sam* (not so much an accomplishment, but is a source of pride)

21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Losing one other court thing and too much time fumbling around with ridiculous jobs

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?

Finding my last job much earlier. Being with the right person (but that doesn't fall on any given year, it measured by a lifetime)

23. Best new person you met this year?
There are some cool people in my unit that were cross leveled in from other states. I won’t discriminate, I like them all.

24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?
The things you may think are really important to you are not necessarily what really is. (still working on this one)

8 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Nice list. I knew yours and Chairborne's would be worth a read. I hope 2006 is kinder to you.

Take care xx

1:39 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

In response to you last entry:

That is exactly why I would not do well in the military. I don’t respond to orders well.

My C.O. would yell: “Get down and give me 100!”

And I would respond with: “Fuck you! How about you get down and give ME 100!”

I don’t think I would last very long…

8:10 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Steph...I am glad to have lived up to your expectations, I credit my mentor!

Auburn...good point, I didn't realize I was doing that, but I agree. If nothing else, I'll finish with a qoute "I can't show all the cards in my hand" (I think that was someone's quote, however not sure)

Heidi...I take full responsibility for this error since it was not explicity stated, but in the future I adamittly require that all comments fall under the correct or intended post dates.

How talented do you think I am to take on the task of cross referencing?

Just kidding...thanks for the comments, I would rather step up to the challenge than not hearing anything from you at all.

This could be an oppurtunity for blog material, I've been considering the topic.

Amraedes...I don't know how to read you. I think your hillarious, but even more sarcastic than I am. Not too many people out there like that, but noneless thanks for the comments.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

23 and 24-I'm there with ya, bro. #17-Mother's day, May 8th. She cried a lot, too. Sucked.

Armaedes, hmm, he's not so bad, and he writes some real funny stuff about chicks.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I'm thinking of selling sex toys...

Hows that for something unconventional to do with all my free time?

3:26 AM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

I say go for it, if it works for you.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Armaedes. Bite me! Don't be a spelling nazi. Grrrrrr!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Here we go with the spelling again..

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home