Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Ipod

I’m trying to decide whether or not it’s worth the $300 or so dollars for me to throw my IPOD at the wall. For no good reason it has decided to stop working. Not that I needed any further indication that things didn’t work the way I remember, but just in case, Apple corp. was kind enough to program an LED display alerting me of the situation.

This display, both convenient and comforting, was simply an “explanation point” next to a “frown face.” [! ):] Below that was the web address for product support. That can’t be good.

First chance I got I was online trying to figure this tiny complexity out. Nobody ever mistook me for being technically savvy, but I am cable of reading. Furtherer more I’m also capable of comprehension after two or more tries. Point being I read instructions and followed instructions. No luck, no progress, nothing.

So I appeal to you.

Dear public…what should I do?

Just in Case~

~The Things I’ll Remember Most…

The way you sang me to sleep at night…

The way you use to encourage me when I worked out…

All those times we spent traveling together, by air, by auto, you were always there…

That little way you had, of associating yourself with pleasant memories of my past…

Your ability to keep things organized, just for me, and just the way I liked them…

You always knew just what to say…

You were so supportive, didn’t matter what mood I was in, you were there to help…

You never USE to argue with me, and were always willing to change at a moments notice…

I feel incomplete without you.

~Rolligun

12 Comments:

Blogger Drunken Chud said...

ode to an i-pod, by rolli gunn.

i wish i could say i feel your pain. though, really i don't wish i could cuz that would mean i would have an i-pod, which i have no use for. but, sorry bout your luck bro. my vote... throw it against the wall, and steal one from someone else. or, take back to best buy. when you get a chance. or not.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

MP3's are all the devils work! Mine works when it wants to. Lazy bastard. Throw it at the wall i say!

1:40 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh I just hate that for you.. really, that stinks... Would you want to send back to the states and have someone get it fixed for you?? We'll figure something out...

7:44 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Drunked,
I have a long history technological disagreaments...thanks for the all the options, "steal one hey?" I don't think there is anyone I hate that much

Steph,
...the devils work? I suppose your right.

Beach,
You my lady, are a "problem solver" You must be the person your friends turn to in distress.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

That was truly beautiful. I hope that one day I feel that way about an iPod. ;-)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

hell kate, i'd settle for a lady that felt that way about me. of course, i would also hope she wouldn't throw me against a wall, if i "didn't work" and just gave her a frowny face...

5:19 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Kate,
I really had a hard time expressing my feelings for our relationship. Actually, I'm quite uncomfortable even talking about it.

Drunken,
Yes it would seem desirable to have those feelings. But its all flawed, a terrible and impending doom. I forgot the cardinal rule of relationships, wherebye I became "dependant" on the other half.

Live and learn.

11:21 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Rg- you are too sweet. I am but one link in my wonderful circle of friends... We are all there for each other, I would not say I am any more important than one or the other..
That being said, I am more than happy to try and help you out with this "relationship"... shoot me an email with the problem and I'll see what I can find out. There is actually an ipod store at my FAVORITE mall here in Nashville.. I would make that sacrifice for you!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

and laurie comes in for the death knell. ask not for whom the bell toll, it tolls for thee, ipod!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I know several people who have had this happen to them.

This is why I have yet to get one.

I hate to spend $300 on an object who will crap out on me in a few mths.

A friend of mine after this happend to him he turned it into a piece of art.

Another person took it apart and turned it into a pencil holder.

Just a few suggestions.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

BG
Again thank you for the kind offering, but I've hired some "goons" to take care of the "problem"

Buggy,
I don't believ that would be a sufficient punishment. I need something more.

Auburn,
see above

Drunken,
she meant well

Buggy,
sit back down please

Heidi,
those are good suggestions, for cup is half full kind of people, but I'm looking for something more along the lines of irreversible violence.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but if it's less than 90 days old, they'll send you a brand new one in the mail... if it's less than a year but more than 90 days old, you'll have to pay a minimal shipping charge... and when you get your new one, the 90 days/year starts over.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home